FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IATA agrees new cabin luggage dimensions
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:35 am
BlackBerryAddict

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by tigerbaby328
What a stroke of good luck that this thread started! So so nearly about to order a Rimowa 55 x 40 x 20 IATA Topas! Thanks BlackberryAddict!

The $64,000 question is will Rimowa be producing a 55 x (new 35) x 20 size Topas or Limbo or Salsa Deluxe?

I guess this answers my thread on "Why the different size and weight restrictions?!" It's taken IATA a long time to make things standard but will this not piss a lot of travellers who already have, say, 55 x 40 x 20 sizes of cabin luggage? When will this new rule be enforced and what will happen to all the older IATA approved sizes? Will the airline companies honour the old IATA sizes? (If they do, I may still get the IATA Topas or Limbo!)
You're welcome. I also have two Rimowa cabin cases, so will be annoyed if they would be too big.

Originally Posted by TravlnD
Agree with everything except the above. Isn't this a plus to manufacturers? Of course existing designs eventually won't be saleable, but this will take a while to go into effect giving them time to unload inventory. It also may point to an eventual replacement cycle that should be a boon to the manufacturers.
Fully agree with this, In fact, I think this was pushed by manufacturers. There was clear evidence of that on the photo in the article on the BBC website, but that photo has now been removed.