FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:41 pm
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

There is no obligation for hotels
to do so as you already know
My suggestion is to go with no expectation and hope for the best
Simply asking nicely usually goes a long way in a number of hotels
Some hotels are generous and will do so.
I have had this happen up to 3 rooms with breakfast at the hotels discretion though it is extremely rare for this to happen because typically I travel alone
Its also usually a hotel that knows me for many years and wishes to go the extra mile. Being a appreciated guest is also helpful

One way to guarantee benefits for the second room is to book a room on points with new "Guest Of Honor Program"
this allows for your guests to have the same benefits as you do and experience Hyatt the way Diamonds always do.
I'm a huge fan of this program and one of my recent traveling companions is now working on achieving Diamond status on their own after a great experience
at a full service Hyatt under this innovative new program.
I consider this to be one of the greatest concepts ever in the history of Hyatt Gold Passport. Its brilliant out of the box thinking ^
Thanks for this good explanation. I thought about the "Guest of Honor" Program but have to decide for myself if the points are worth it. It's 15000 category (after 20% back promo) for a room that I can get for $115-$120/night. However the Regency Club rooms are going for $215 so in that case a good redemption.