FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - People Who Live In Hotels - US Census Report 2006
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:08 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The type of people who have lived in hotels as hotel customers while having no fixed domicile for a year or more at a stretch include people of all sorts across a wide stretch of the socio-economic scale, from the very rich and/or famous to the very poor and relatively unknown.

I've lived the hotel as residence lifestyle -- from being a resident in some world famous hotel/condotel/mixed-use properties to living in some dull but decent hotels that were extraordinarily great value on points or cash. It has its upsides and downsides, and it has its time and place, but it's always a case of YMMV on how and why this works out or not. It's not for everybody. And it comes with its own set of issues, pros and cons.

I've always had a place to store my collections of whatever I wanted to retain -- whether stored at purchased/hired storage facilities or stored at family or friends' residences/facilities -- when doing this.

For people who end up in these situations out of desperation, it's not all that nice.