FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FCO lounge or lack of it and compensation
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:55 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
More discussion of this topic is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-rome-fco.html

As far as FCO is concerned, if the outage is short, then I'd be inclined to put it down to force majeure. It was quite a serious fire, and the trade unions at the airport are not at all happy about working there due to perceived smoke inhalation issues, to illustrate the scale of it. However as is pointed out in that thread there are viable alternatives open to BA in FCO, so if the situation continues then I think future passengers would have a point, particularly at a relatively major outstation such as FCO.

I must admit to being disappointed that the list of places without lounges is getting longer, and in many cases (SPU, ACE, BIO) there are lounges used by other oneworld airlines. BGO and SVG I can understand - no one gets a lounge there. However ANE has a lounge of sorts, and outstations don't get any smaller than that!