FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:42 pm
uppereastsider

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCRuss

No FTF for abroad, and double at restaurants for home. They can keep the Boingo.

But how would double points for US restaurants get people to increase their use of the card abroad? That would have no effect one way or the other. Dropping the FTF would get people to use the card abroad more than
I hold a CSP and a SPG Amex. If I could get double on US restaurants, I'd seriously consider dropping my CSP because again id rather get SPG points over anything else (personal preference!) and just use the SPG abroad or Hyatt card (worth holding for the free night and status even with minimal spend)

I already pay my SPG foreign stays on SPG Amex because I value SPG points > all (many will disagree and that's cool! It's how I personally view SPG redemption values, like getting a four points in Munich during Oktoberfest on points instead of 1000 euros a night)... And I just put a Cayman Islands stay on my SPG Amex so I'm thrilled by these changes.

Either way, this is a great change for a certain demographic SPG is targeting. But it's not enough so I still hold a CSP freedom, diners club (lounge access and non bonuses visa spend, like my dry cleaners) SPG Amex (every day spend) Hyatt card (Hyatt regency in boston is a cat 4 and well worth 75 fee) and delta reserve.... But as all things go... YMMV