FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:47 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KRSW
I don't think it's reusing the limit during the same cycle as much as which merchants and how much you ran through each merchant.

I only have $20k and $21k limits on my Chase cards, respectively, and my legitimate expenditures have been more than that due to office expenses and reimbursements. BUT those charges weren't $25k at Office Depot. Instead they were for hotels, airfare business equipment, etc., all from different and the usual merchants. $25k from Lenovo or Dell isn't likely to set off any flags.

I do know that Chase isn't fond of pre-paying to get past the limit, as I've tried this from their website and I think I could only pay an extra $200 over the balance. Funny, Amex doesn't seem to mind at all.
This makes me wonder - AMEX actually REDUCED my scheduled payment on an outstanding balance because of a refund - it reduced the payment amount to match the now lower outstanding balance and sent me an email to that effect. I had no clue of the refund as that should have come as a check, not back to the AMEX card and I was aboard when that happened. It is annoying that I can never schedule payment above the posted outstanding balances on my AMEX cards - when they are pending, AMEX would not count those to allow me to pay - this often causes issues as we go on international trips often and I really want to pay the cards down to 0 on cards we do not plan to bring with us. Can't do this with any bank if it is a PULL method, AMEX included.