FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Now I've seen it all on Amtrak
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:06 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Freckles68
I reached out to Amtrak via social media a few times yesterday and they ignored me. And yes... the Quiet Car rules most definitely exclude screaming, no matter who's doing it. If you can't talk even quietly on a cellphone, you certainly can't scream.

It's like any other kind of noise--if you need to make it and just can't help it, fine. It happens, Just don't sit in the Quiet Car. That is not a difficult concept to grasp. They were given priority boarding. They had their choice of every other car with the exception of the first one. They chose the car with rules they could not abide by, while elderly, disabled people following those rules were made to move so the rule breakers could continue to break the rules and disturb the entire car. There is no way in the world to twist this to make the rule breakers the victims.

If you don't like or for some reason can't follow the rules of the car you're sitting in, don't sit there. It couldn't be more simple than that.
Don't wait for the social media team to step up. Send an email to Amtrak with the specifics and let them know. The social media team is a marketing department and cherry pick the issues they want to address.