FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:19 pm
PortlySpartacus

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
You assume too many things because:

1) Not all guest provide feedback, it is more often guest just never returns after a terrible experience with no feedback at all.

2) A room near a docking door maybe noisy on at certain times of the day and most hotel guest are typically out of the room by a certain time.

3) To develop a system to capture all of this information if it is not in the software would cost time and money.

4) Even if the system is free, how much more money can it make for the hotel?

In a world of cost cutting to eek out higher yeilds, you are asking a company to add additional responsibilities and cost that does not affect the bottom line.

This idea goes against what I deem as logical business sense.

You are right to suggest that higher end luxury hotels should follow this model, and it appeals to my ideals of how a luxury hotel should be managed.

However, the returns on investment of such a practice isn't the most practical from a business perspective.
I'm having a little chuckle at your reply because you start out by saying that I assume too many things and then you list out your complete list of assumptions......now that is funny.