FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:42 pm
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I can answer this: no, he is not.

However, there are BA people who do monitor this and other IT threads, and feed back "to do" items. I think that they're less visible and public than Dilly used to be, but that doesn't mean that things that are found and pointed out here are being ignored.
Originally Posted by ttama
You would hope that there are different departments responsible for each functional area or system. If BA are not adequately funding or staffing their customer-facing IT systems, with the excuse that they also have to operate planes, that would be ridiculous. It's a bit like M&S not providing a properly functioning online sales system because they have to source and deliver clothes to stores. All functional systems have to be adequately resourced, and there's really no excuse for any to fail.

Edited to add, I bet their revenue optimisation systems are adequately resourced!!
I take both points of view at equal value

However, BA should get the customer interface sorted properly [instead of spending time/effort/money on cosmetic enhancements]. I accept there are pressing operational IT factors that should obviously dominate, although I guess those systems aren't cluttered with adverts, promotions and mis-targetted Hillier-grams. And I suspect that our ba.com interface is completely separate from the inner workings of britishairways.com, Amadeus etc ... apart from tenuous bits of cyber-string trying to join them together*

* Which is where I suspect the problems lie. Amadeus knows what's happening to my flight, and so does BA, whereas ba.com has a corrupted version facing the paying customer.