FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways mixed fleet/worldwide fleet
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:41 am
Lynyrd

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
WW wear hats on the 787 too.

At first I thought the MF crews were as good as any other but of late I have had a number of poor experiences. I wrote recently about how a MF crew member did not know what a miniature JD bottle looked like, and on a MAN SHT the other day they really did not seem to know what they were doing and struggled to get the service done. I realise getting everyone a G+T and a shortbread on a MAN isn't easy and these guys seemed very new as they were constantly asking the CSM questions. I presume there is a not of newly hired MF crews of late, they are probably just finding their feet.

The other day on the above described MAN shuttle half the crew were wearing the service waistcoat, one was just in a shirt and the other still had his jacket on. The chap with the waistcoat took it off as "Cabin crew seats for landing" was called and produced his jacket that was screwed up in the overhead bin above the R3 door on a A321, it looked ridiculous like he had slept in it.

The comments about crews on Madrid runs surprise me. Of the EF crews I have found some of the 767 trained ones some of the best.

The WW crews on my LAX BWI and BOM trips of late have been excellent too.

I guess it all comes down to experience.