FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jun 7, 2015, 11:12 am
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
I understand you, but first paying for a suite and then expecting to get some of your money back by using a DSU when you get it most likely won't work. You cannot split a paid reservation into two parts.

Unless off course when there is still availability at the time you get your DSU and you can cancel your paid reservation.... No property wants to lose revenue by converting cash to DSU.

What has a better chance in my opinion is using points for the suite upgrade and then try to change that part of the booking when you get the DSU. Still no guarantee for success. And I doubt any property will consider a request now when you are not a Diamond yet.
LOL Yes I was referring to cancelling the paid reservation at the same time as requesting the DSU. My understanding, and correct me if I am wrong, as long as their is suite availability, you can apply DSU to a full paid rate (not always P&C). And can't you do a DSU through GP customer service? They are not going to have as much concern about losing revenue as the hotel. Plus I will cancel the room regardless so that revenue is gone.

I thought about the points option but 1)not enough points without moving from UR and 2) I don't want to book a higher "deluxe" room.