FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmanZoe (Greece)
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:37 am
MacMyDay

Originally Posted by pauljeff
Did having a car during your stay enhance your stay (i.e. we're staying for 7 nights and tend not to be that into 'going to see the local culture' sort of trips - is there anything offsite that you think you'd be more likely to do if you had your own wheels...?)
You're asking the wrong person, as I take the exact same view as you. 4 times we've been there and not once have we left the resort.

Aman has its own excursions, but as everyone here knows, they do add a margin higher than the GDP of Greece onto each one. I'd still probably use Aman though, as at least everything is taken care of for you and you have your own guide.

For us, we've done the helicopter, done the Aman car transfer and really feel that best value for money is actually just driving yourself. I believe it's €450 each way for the car (I cannot remember if that's then + tax + service charge), so if you're driving yourself, you will save at least €500. There's no need to feel guilty that you then don't use it at all during your stay.