FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando Airport {US-FL}
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:52 pm
jcresq

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando Airport {US-FL}

I had a very pleasant stay at this property this week and, not seeing a thread covering it, thought I'd start one.

This is an airport, but nicer than most; seems pretty new. The shuttle bus services was decent; only minor complaint is that the hotel services a number of airline flight crews so the bus is often pretty full.

Check-in was quick and uneventful. The room I was given (not an upgrade) was very nice...good size, nice view of the pool. The wifi worked very well (once I got it started...you can only enter using the hotel's code, not through the HHonors login, which I found a little odd). One of my pet peeves lately is inadequate or inaccessible electric outlets; this room had plenty and they were convenient to the desk and tv. The bathroom was fine, great pressure in the shower. The AC worked great and wasn't as noisy as most hotel rooms.

Breakfast was available in the restaurant, no lounge. As a Diamond member, I got coupons that made the full buffet free, and my server took orders for omelets and pancakes. The food was pretty good. I didn't eat at the hotel any other time.

The exercise room was OK, nothing special. The outdoor pool was very nice and very pleasant on a hot sticky summer day in Orlando. There's some airplane noise but you get over it. I did not notice airplane noise when I was inside the hotel. Not a lot of kids, it's not particularly convenient to Disney.

The hotel is surrounded by other hotels mostly, but there are quite a few chain restaurants with a couple blocks--Chili's, Longhorn Steakhouse, Tony Roma's, Friday's, Cracker Barrel, Denny's, a few others. A decent find: there's a Mexican place across the street from the back of the hotel that looks like it's part of a gas station but isn't; it's very good, sort of a Chipotle kind of place.

All in all, I was very pleased with this hotel, I'd definitely stay there again.