FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel News Forum: close, re-purpose or merge with TravelBuzz?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:55 am
rwoman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by tom911
Another 3 days have passed and not a single new poster to this thread (or new Talk Board member for that matter - a few have not popped in). Are they expected shortly? Let's go to a vote and be done with this. If you have the support among the Talk Board members there's no need to delay this any longer. You started this thread 3 weeks ago.
Originally Posted by obscure2k
I don't see a sense of urgency. Your point that" days have passed and not a single new poster"... is an argument which can be made in support of closing Travel News.
koko is clearly interested in closing Travel News.

As I said early on in this discussion, I think TN does have a place and is well moderated. It's not the most-loved forum but not sure it needs to go away. It does fill a gap for items that really do not quite fit elsewhere.

I have not followed up to my original comments because I have not seen anything that would change my earlier view.

I've also been in in the midst of a 26k mile trip and fought off DL-induced food poisoning. Stillllll catching up. @:-)