FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diet Coke a Weapon?
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2015, 6:35 pm
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Baze
1) Why not? It was a Shuttle America flight plane and employees? Yes, UA has partial blame but only because it is marketed as a UA flight.

2) This is not UA cabin crew, it is Shuttle America cabin crew. UA does not recruit for Shuttle America. UA does not directly train or pay Shuttle America employees.

3) This is a Shuttle America Plane and crew. Do you know for a fact they have the same rules as UA with regard to open/closed cans? I don't know.
The answer to all 3 points is exactly the same. This is 100% United Continental Holding fault. UA markets the flt, sells the ticket, contracts with Shuttle America (S5), tells S5 how to paint the plane, what snacks/food/drinks to offer, when the flt is to depart, what uniforms to wear, etc. EVERYTHING! The flt is UA to 95% of the PX, the media, and everyone getting the story on TV, Internet or Print. It is UA!

Legally I guess it is S5. It is UNITED AIRLINES that screwed up in the public eye. This by the way is about the 4th screw up I have heard about (thanks to FT) with UA that hit the news this past month. Great PR!