FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 15000 Flat-Rate Redemptions?
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2015, 11:33 am
sargenet

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Hi there! If you do not see any availability on our website, I would call member services at 1-866-996-7937 and get them to double check. Please be aware that it is possible that the rooms that show available for purchase, may be upgraded rooms, that members are not eligible to redeem points for. Go Free reservations are for standard rooms only, unless it is an all suite property. I hope this helps!
After an hour on the phone with a rep and supervisor I was told the Wyndham Koloa Landing has no award nights loaded over the next year. They used to (I checked a couple weeks ago to make sure). For some reason the hotel has pulled them.

A supervisor said they can't "make" them load the rooms because they are individually owned and operated, yet went on to say that they must offer them if they want to be a Wyndham property.

He said he had no idea what was going on with the hotel or why they had no award nights. When I asked him if he was going to find out and get back to me he didn't seem interested in giving any answer other than "we can't make them load rooms"

He did finally try to call the hotel but got a voicemail. I thought he might leave a message and follow back up with me, but he had no intention of getting back to me at all! He basically advised me to not plan on being able to use my points at Koloa Landing and to consider a different Wyndham property to use my points.

I have personally reached out to the property myself to try to get answers on this. But I feel Wyndham should be the one addressing this with the property and getting back to me!

I had an in depth conversation with a supervisor at Wyndham Rewards on 3/31 on this very issue. I was afraid if I applied for their credit card and started earning points I might have trouble with redemption at this property. I have stayed here before on points and had them increase points from 30K to 50K with no notice.

She assured me that if they carried the Wyndham name they HAD to make rooms available for the new 15K. Or they had to leave the Wyndham program. Yet here we are with the hotel not making any rooms available for points over the next year and no one wanting to get the answer to why they are allowed to do this.

Last edited by sargenet; May 31, 2015 at 12:36 pm