FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old May 31, 2015, 9:46 am
ffflllyyyeeerrr

Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Has anyone stayed in a Starwood Hotel using this benefit and gotten Starpoints on the stay? Do the Carlson Wagonlit bookings earn Starpoints?
Yes. I can confirm this. Stayed 4 nights at a few Starwood properties using this benefit. I received full SPG Gold benefits and full 3x Starpoints for the entire booking (before the free night credit, so you get points for all 4 nights). It's a pretty sweet deal - 3x Citi TYP, 3x SPG Starpoints, elite stay/night credits, and then the 4th night is magically credited back to your Prestige.

One tip - make sure the travel agent on the phone puts in your SPG number as they book, so tell them up front you want to attach the number. I've had one forget to attach it, so the booking never showed up in my SPG online account. They tried to add it after the fact, but it seemed to never "stick" in the SPG/CWT booking system. In that case, I was able to get the hotel on-site to add my number at check in and all the benefits worked out in the end. If the agent adds the number up front, you should see the stay in your SPG account as if you booked it yourself.