FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double Rewards on Discover it For 12 Months
Old May 30, 2015, 7:05 pm
Doctor of Credit

Double Rewards on Discover it For 12 Months

Just going to copy and paste from my blog since I'm being lazy.

Quick note: This information is coming from front line customer service representatives. They often have partially incorrect information. I've reached out to Discover's media team to confirm this information, but I believe it to be correct at the time of writing due to the sheer number of different CSR that have confirmed. There seems to be some conflicting information on whether the 5% categories will also be doubled or not.

Starting June 1st, Discover will be offering one of the most generous promotions I've ever seen. They will be offering double cash back on all purchases for the Discover it, let that sink in for a moment. This means you'll earn at the following rates:
  • 10% cash back on rotating categories
  • 2% cash back on all purchases
  • Double cash back on all ShopDiscover purchases

This promotion will be open to all cardholders and sign ups will start June 1st. The double cash back won't kick in until your statement closes after you've registered (e.g if you're statement closes on June 15th, then you will start earning double cash back on June 16th onwards). Keep in mind Discover let's you change the date that your statement closes, so you could change it to close on June 2nd for example. Personally I'd recommend waiting to enroll before changing your statement close date.

Your double cash back will be received at the end of the promotional period (e.g it will show on your 13th billing statement after registration) and you need to enroll by July 31st, 2015. It's a shame this promotion doesn't apply to the Discover it Miles card, 6% cash back everywhere would have been a nice promotion.
You can read my full thoughts on this promo here.

This post contains a link to my blog, I've listed all the necessary info as per FT rules.