FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [Revised, May 2013]
Old May 30, 2015, 11:54 am
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jagster
Quick United boarding tip - An Apple Watch with your boarding pass seems to allow you to board in any group you wish.

1) It's common knowledge that the gate scanner only shows your seat and name, no group info

2) The watch only shows the QR code, all other details need to be scrolled to become visible

3) Gate agents and passengers are so mystified / enchanted by it that it removes any chance of "can I see which group your in".

I got my watch the first week it was out and four times now I've jumped into the Group 1 lane without issue. On my last trip yesterday some snooty business guy said "excuse me, can I see your boarding pass" (I guess he was self-appointed line police) but as soon as he saw the watch he started asking how I liked it and we chatted about my experiences.

If this continues there'll be no need for me to renew my United CC for premier access.
Let me congratulate you on demonstrating conclusively your character in your first post...