FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VISA Buxx (2015)
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2015, 11:08 am
Bluebirdie

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
It seems that even though my ink account has a cash advance available it was only for the primary owner. I had to call to have them allocate a cash advance line for my card. That was why all my loads were declined and I got that message to use another card. Hopefully it will work now.

But that doesn't answer why I couldn't load the second teen using the primary owners card. I was able to load the $1,000 limit for this month on the first teen but can not load the 2nd teen. I keep getting that use another card.
YoungBubbie, do your primary and AU have the same account number?

Since I've been using buxx sparingly, I never thought much of what's stated in Wiki: "Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period". However, I was able to test the 1k limit for you. It appears that my assumption of 1K per teen per CC per 7 days were partly incorrect.

Here's my test. I found a family who also has buxx. Invited the family to fund my teen's account. When my family accepted the intite and tried to fund my teen with their CC (which was maxed out 1k on their own teens), an error "Maximum number of loads reached". So Wiki was correct when it states "Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period". The detail lies in the max loads per CC seems to be a system wide limitation across all teen cards, not just per teen.

Hopefully this is the case you ran into and answers your question. If you found anything different, do share :-)