FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 30, 2015, 9:29 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Concorde28
Just completed two weekday nights at the WS Andaz, and yes, there is beer in the refrigerator as well as bottles of alcohol in the bar area. Yet with the India Club and Harry's Bar just two blocks away and with Cirpriani's right on Wall Street, the point is to go outside and enjoy this very special part of Manhattan.

If I am downtown NYC, I certainly choose not to eat lunch or dinner at any hotel restaurant (unless it is the Ritz Carlton Battery Park Club which is the best hotel in this area). I have had the breakfast at this hotel. The price is reasonable for NYC and just fine, especially the bagels and lox.

I like the WS Andaz because of its location and its price point is very good for NYC. I find the staff very professional and courteous.
Yes, it's nice to go out of the hotel and explore if one wants to do so, but an upscale hotel should also have options for drinks and meals for those who choose not to go out when exhausted, suffering bad jet lagged, or experiencing a rainstorm or blizzard.

It can also be a bit different for women travelers, who can understandably be concerned about safety issues associated with walking even a few blocks alone at night in an unfamiliar neighborhood for dinner or drinks in some bar but still don't want to "settle" for room service.