FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA/US 2.5 week business trip PHX/LHR/MUC/ARN/DUB/BOS
Old May 30, 2015, 7:49 am
dylanks

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
May 19: Meetings in London

After sleeping for about five hours, I enjoyed the Royal Horseguard hotel's breakfast buffet that was prepurchased with the room. It was a decent mix of continental and traditional English breakfast.

After breakfast, I enjoyed the walk past 10 Downing Street and Westminster Abbey to the conference. When I am not traveling, I work from home, so it was a nice change of pace to have this walk for a day of work.

At the conference I talked with people through the day and delivered a short talk at the conference which was well received. The views from the conference center were nice as well.

After the conference, I headed back to the hotel, mixing my walk up with a stroll along the Thames during a mild rain storm.

I did a bit of work from my hotel room, and then again took the tube to the Shoreditch area to meet up with some friends for dinner. We enjoyed a nice Vietnamese restaurant. The quail starter was phenomenal.

I walked around for a bit and saw the Ottolenghi restaurant. Our son's name is Otto and we also have one of their cookbooks. I'll have to try it next trip!

I returned to the hotel around 10:30pm, and chatted with the wife and kids via FaceTime, packed up, did a bit of work and fitness, and fell asleep around 1:30am.