FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old May 29, 2015, 1:00 pm
revontulet

I thought I'd post my experience with getting these cards. I applied for two personal 25k with $100 statement credit on 5/25.

One was approved instantly for $20k. The second said "Your application is in review." I called recon and they said that there was nothing they could do to take ownership of the application since it needed to be reviewed. HUCA. Again, they said I needed to wait for the application to be reviewed and noted that I had called earlier. That prompted me to wait a bit before calling again.

My first card showed up online some time during the week and I got some welcome email(s).

Four days later (today), I called about the second card. The analyst said that she would review the account and have a decision by the time I hung up. I was put on hold, then was approved for a second card with a $20k limit! No questions asked.

I was thanked for my history with BoA. One of my first credit cards was with BoA (unfortunately I closed that before I knew better). I still have one old card open with them, but nothing else. I've had a small checking account with them for years as well.