FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA/US 2.5 week business trip PHX/LHR/MUC/ARN/DUB/BOS
Old May 29, 2015, 11:00 am
dylanks

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
May 16-17: Augsburg, Germany

My friends were moving into a new house the weekend after my visit, so I spent the majority of the weekend helping them prepare for their move across town in Augsburg.

This was particularly interesting, as it seems that Germans receive bare-bones kitchens and must install everything, whereas Americans are used to moving into a house with everything in place in the kitchen. As such, we spent a lot of time working on building kitchen counters, adding electrical sockets, leveling things, and other handy work.

I did enjoy German food for breakfasts (pretzels, bread, meat, etc.).

We had lunch each day at a pair of different biergartens (one in Augsburg, the Waldgaststätte Parkhäusl, which is located near the zoo, and one near München, Villa Romantica, which has a very nice view).

For dinners we enjoyed the cooking of my friends. I also managed to catch up on sleep a bit, averaging closer to 7 hours per night, which would help for the long week ahead, where I had six flights over six days.