FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Manufactured Spending? Start Here (2015)
Old May 29, 2015, 7:10 am
cdog999

Originally Posted by februaryfour
I've had good experiences getting GCs from CVS with my AGCs. (Too bad I live in Colorado; only managed to liquidate AGCs because I was travelling.) I haven't tried WG yet but want to do so; no RAs close by.

Giftcards.com has shipping costs and doesn't give you cashback through the portals. (You'll see the shipping costs for giftcards.com when you check out.) GCM is the better choice as the fees are comparable and you get _some_ cashback (not enough to cover activation and shipping, but it helps defray some of it.) If you buy more than 15 cards it starts REALLY getting worthwhile because you get into the $0.29 per-additional-card shipping. According to my calculator, with the cashback it comes out to $42.40 for $10k MS. Not a bad CPM if you ask me.
Thanks for the spreadsheet. So, if I wanted to purchase everything online, what is the best strategy? Do I purchase Amex GCs using my credit card and then use the Amex GCs to purchase Visa GCs using giftcardmall? (using cashback for each transaction)