FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2015, 4:02 pm
cargueiro

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Gimp
I stay here regularly, it's one of my favorites and is good for an airport hotel. The staff are always very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast is good and is much better than the Hampton with a much bigger selection, it's a full buffet. It can get very busy, especially at the weekends. I tend to go for breakfast early to avoid the rush where possible.

Having said that I do like the Hampton, it's very convenient, everything just works and the breakfast does the job

Anyway, back to the Hilton - 'Amy's' restaurant is good. It's worth asking if they have a deal or vouchers when you check in, I forget the cost. The vouchers are good for a three course meal and can be charged to the room bill.

Otherwise, there is the standard bar menu/room service. The sports bar (downstairs by the Garden restaurant, bottom of the escalator) is good fun to have a drink and watch a game, again, it can get busy.
Thanks for info...

I am flying in and need to hire morning suit on Friday (from Moss Bros) to return on Sunday. Moss Bros provides this facility... but I also want to buy clothes...

Horsham, Croydon and Crawley all have a Moss Bros.

Which of three towns above has best Moss Bros (I know all are open on Sunday for returns but need one with inventory) and regular shops such as GAP etc (I need t shirts, trousers, socks etc).. I want to go to Crawley, due to proximity, but hear it is very downmarket and does not even have GAP! I will be at mercy of public transport and want to return to Hilton Gatwick within four/five hours... My shopping window is from 1400 on a Friday leaving LGW and to be completed by 1800ish on a Friday...

Should I just head for Croydon?