FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EZE: Passport Control and Customs
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2015, 2:01 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I usually keep my passport in hand and showing my nationality until I am through customs, almost regardless of the country where I'm arriving.

The X-ray step for everyone is rather unusual IME. At EZE, it sometimes results in long lines. Plus, it seems a bit ambiguous whether handbags and similar small items are to be sent through the X-ray machine and whether you're supposed to remove jackets and put them through the machine (like at TSA airport security). I tend to observe some people doing this but not everyone, so the rule isn't clear, if there even is a rule.

ADDED: Stress to daughter to be sure she finds her official representative. I've observed people at EZE just after customs try to ask arriving passengers who may seem a bit lost what their names are. It would be so easy for someone to then claim to be the ride for the passenger of that name. I suspect the result would be an extremely overly expensive taxi ride, but it could become much worse. Remember that the person meeting her should be the one who says her name or shows daughter the list containing her name. It doesn't hurt to be careful about safety.