FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 28, 2015, 1:59 pm
Xonim

Just completed a 3 night stay here. Here's a quick review:
  • Check-in: Walked into the lobby and was greeted by Charles. He was very enthusiastic, reiterating several times to let him know if there was ANYTHING we needed. We did get upgraded from the standard king room to a large king.
  • Room was nice enough. Bed was more firm than mine at home, which I like. The pillows were excellent. The TV displaying "no signal", so we called the front desk and a tech was there and fixed it inside of 5 minutes. The ledge / seat by the window was quite handy for living out of a suitcase for a few days.
  • Bathroom: This was my first experience with wood floors in a hotel room. They were fine, except right next to the shower area. The shower and tub are in the same room, and there's only a small lip to catch the water from the shower. The problem is, if you're standing in the shower and the water is hitting you, it splashes over the lip to near the door, and then runs out onto the wood floor. Therefore, when you walk on the wood right next to the shower area, it's apparent the wood isn't properly attached to the floor. Wasn't wet, you could just tell it had been before. The tub was nice!
  • Minibar: was stocked with 2 bottles of water, 1 can each of coke/diet coke/sprite, and some other things. The snacks were potato chips, a chocolate bar, and granola bars. This was refilled each day by the time we got back.
  • Service: Absolutely wonderful. We were greeted with smiles every time we walked through the lobby. No matter who the host, they always asked if they could help us with anything, and seemed happy to be asking. Very pleasant overall.
  • Other: Room was very quiet, never heard hallway noise possibly due to lower occupancy on a weekend. Didn't try any food from either room service or the restaurant. Ordered calzones from Cucina Benne one night -- BTW, they were fantastic and cheap.