FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cow Do XI (EZE) - Sep 04 to Sep 07th, 2015
Old May 27, 2015, 9:52 am
iolairemcfadden

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What I know is that you must pay for travel stuff like tours and plane tickets in Argentina at the official (NOT BLUE, which is much much much much much better) exchange rate. For domestic flights, you cannot purchase the cheap fares, which require (and usually enforce) Argentina residency. So ads in Argentina that are directed toward Argentines would not, I assume, apply to you.

However, why do a package tour versus picking the flights you want and choosing your own hotel?

Remember that going to the Brazil side officially requires a visa in advance, price about $150 plus any visa service fees, photos, mailing costs, etc.

ADDED: This could be a good use of airline miles or credit card points for the flights and hotel points for lodging. The good place to stay on the Argentina side is a Sheraton.
Thanks I have looked at this and am talking it over with Susan.

We return on Tuesday PM and I have four hours dialysis on Monday, but looking at things I might be able to swing it. We could do AEP - IGR 13:20 - 15:10, return IGR - AEP at 14:15-16:10, then hoof it over to EZE for 9 PM flight. Sheraton is 12k with breakfast and appears to be very close to the airport and the falls.
** BUT now I'm not seeing (BA) space on Monday, I might have looked at the wrong day. Looks like its not going to be an option unless we pay for a flight.
** BUT now see DL has space on Monday that might be an option on AR.

Last edited by iolairemcfadden; May 27, 2015 at 10:34 am Reason: DL space