FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most Embarrassing travel moment?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2015, 8:51 am
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Two more from me.

I was on the ORD-LAX leg in F of a ORD-LAX-NRT journey and changing to SQ at LAX so needed to get to the intl terminal. Sitting next to a gentleman who had 1, 2, 3 bloody Mary's, and then ordered the 4th. When it arrived, he managed to dump the whole thing right in my, um, can you say crotch on FT? I was soaked, and I was wearing khaki's, so the spot was very obvious. I managed to get some of it out in the bathroom in the SQ lounge but still smelled like Vodka and Tomato Juice all the way during my LAX-NRT flight, where I was able to get another pair out of my checked bag, but only after going through Immigration and Customs.

Second. I was on one of those quick overnight trips where I only pack a set of socks/underwear and shirt and just plan on wearing the same trousers (do you see a theme developing here?) When leaving my hotel the next morning I dropped the rental car keys and when I leaned down to pick them up I felt the "rip" as I split the pants wide open. With nothing to change into, I managed to find a WalMart that was open early and sort of sidled in to buy an emergency pair of pants I could change into. I'm sure WalMart has seen a lot worse!!