FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to go in Argentina in August? Open to ideas.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:28 am
kyushuman

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Where to go in Argentina in August? Open to ideas.

Hey all, I've got 8 nights in Argentina in August.
I have been to Bs As five times, Iguazu twice, and Colonia in Uruguay twice. Don't need to go to any of those again. Rosario once.
While I love Buenos Aires, I was there in March this year and so don't need to spend much time there. I actually loved Rosario-- had some great food, met friendly people, it has a beautiful riverfront for jogging, an old town with good shopping.
With that in mind, what other medium-sized cities can you recommend in Argentina? I don't need to go to tourist places; in fact, I like to be in places where you can get a good "feel" of a country (I prefer Rotterdam to Amsterdam, Chicago over Los Angeles, etc).
Here are some parameters-- if Cordoba and Tucuman are nice, that's a bonus:
1) I see the Holiday Inn Cordoba is on Point Breaks now, could stay a few nights free there.
2) Hilton Garden Inn Tucuman is only 5K points/night, so also see that as a possibility.
3) I have plenty of BA and AA points for free flights using LAN. Also open to bus and train or a combination.
Will likely spend the weekend in BsAs after the flight down, just to recuperate and then will be ready to go.

So: Favorite smaller cities, and why you like them. GO!

I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance.