FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old May 27, 2015, 12:33 am
mk712

Oh, and since I'm posting here, maybe I should also talk about my experience.

I called a week ago to get a quote for a hotel, they replied 2 days later with a quote that was far higher than I wanted. They were matching the publicly available rate on the hotel website, however there was a TripAdvisor coupon for 10% off the nightly rate. So their quote with a free night was still cheaper than booking elsewhere but not by much.

I emailed them back asking for a quote for another hotel, it took them 3 days to tell me they can't book it: "I was informed that they are only able to see government rates on their reservation system. They also checked the hotel's website and there is not a travel agent portal to give them the ability to book the room under their agency."

I replied with another request for quotes, this time from two hotels, and I finally hit the jackpot. Again I received the quotes after a couple of days, but this time the prices matched the cheapest I could find online, and the 4th night was actually much more expensive than the other 3. The final price for the 4-night stay ended up being about ~33% cheaper than the cheapest I could find online (a $250 savings).

Last edited by mk712; May 27, 2015 at 10:33 am