FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VISA Buxx (2015)
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2015, 8:11 pm
givingitatry

Originally Posted by paynea
As I posted earlier in this thread, if you get pfraud status, you should call to lift it (should be fairly straightforward) and then immediately drain any remaining funds out! You might be lucky and get an analyst that won't care about the MS pattern, or you might be unlucky and get one that will freeze your account. One account got pfraud status (from doing two debit swipes for large amounts at Walmart). I called in and got it cleared, but the account was then permanently frozen (put into "fraud" status) after a couple days. US Bank refused to release the funds (<$50) still in the account. I'm pretty certain I could have gotten those funds back, but I wanted my other buxx account to remain active, so viewed this as a cost of doing MS.

Moral of the story - only do one large debit swipe per day using your US bank visabuxx card (though it can be a $2K swipe).

My problem was the cashier wouldn't listen to me on how to do split tender and had to cancel the transaction to start over, then fudged it again. I had two swipes and two reversals but no actual transaction.

Update, just logged in to check the value of the problem transactions and the card shows Active. i will heed your suggestion and drain the card, then wait the 3 weeks to reload. might slow it down for a month.