FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2015, 4:56 pm
gil123

I am sure that is the case. The extra little bits bring the price down to the old prices- but you are still faced with the massive devaluations and impossible routing rules. I got the promo, was a buyer in the past for big blocks of miles, but just can't bring myself to invest anything more in them any more. Too limited in redemption options and I have no faith in how long before the next shoe drops.

But good to see that it can affect their bottom line when companies do things like this. I am sure they had some revenue goals for the miles sale promo and are not meeting them.

Maybe if they have something that brings cost back down around 1 cent a mile I'll give it a whirl again in the future. Otherwise I vote with my feet

Originally Posted by mrahul
i think the promotion is not generating enough activity for lifemiles. so they are sweetening up the deal with a 10% extra deal.
but till they fix some issues, i doubt it will drive enough traffic for buying miles.i am not able to use my miles bought about an year ago due to simple issues on lifemiles website and their call center is reluctant to do anything other than what the website shows.