FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Will Never be a World-Class Airline Until They Get Rid of CRJs on Major Routes.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:30 am
cjermain

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
Originally Posted by BearX220
They would rather have an oversold E70 on EWR-DFW than a 752 that is 70% filled -- and their takeaway from the oversell is that nothing is wrong.
And this is the #1 problem I have with UA. All the other stuff people complain about (reducing FF benefits, TOD upgrades...) well, I can convince myself that UA is possibly doing the right thing. After all, they need to make money.

But there are simply no seats available on flights. Loads are so high that if you misconnect (which seems to happen frequently, these days) you face a Herculean task getting to your destination in anything resembling a reasonable time. And if you paid for domestic first? Forget about it. You will be in coach, or you will be waiting forever for a flight with an open seat in first.

I want an airline to get me to where they promised me they'd take me. Everything else is gravy. The insane load factors lead me to question whether UA is actually interested in delivering people to their final destination, as much as they are interested in making money. (Though to be fair, this is an industry-wide issue).