FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suntrust Delta Debit card T&C Changes
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2015, 9:31 am
uds0

Programs: Delta + United Airmiles
Don't know if this has changed, but the T&C I found on the back of the July 25, 2015 "important changes" letter:

"The delta SkyMiles Debit Cards are issued by SunTrust Banks, Inc. and are avaiable in AL,AR,FL,GA,MD MS,NC,SC,TN,VA,WV an Washington D.C. Delta SkyMiles Debit Cards opened by members with a primary residence OUTSIDE of the STATES listed above are subject to immediate closure, and any earned miles will be revoked."

Here is my chat session just completed at 9AM today:

PAUL: The letter I recently received about the very substantial reduction of value of my Delta SkyMiles World Debit card is dissappointing to say the least. There is a statement near the end of the T&C that I need clarification on.

PAUL: "primary residence outside of the "States" are subject to immediate closure and any earned miles wil be revolked."

PAUL: I am in Oregon and have this online account. Surely online accounts, at least within the US, are still valid and thus also not subject to closure for not being in one of the "States"?

LaTasha: I understand, Paul. And I am very sorry to hear that you feel that way. Yes, that statement applies to clients who live outside of the U.S.

PAUL: And thus does NOT apply to folks with US primary residence?

LaTasha: Yes, that is correct.

PAUL: Do any ACH transactions qualify (like paying taxes via ACH), or is the debit card number required to be used by the tax service?

PAUL: Do checks written against the checking account qualify for miles?

LaTasha: No, I am sorry. Only transactions made with the card itself qualifies for skymiles.

PAUL: I gather that until July 25th, the 2k/4k cap is not effective.

PAUL: Is the $35k limit per day or some other time period please?

LaTasha: Yes, it is $35,000.00 per day.

LaTasha: The $35,000.00 is the limit on the Delta SkyMiles Card.

Last edited by uds0; May 26, 2015 at 10:01 am Reason: Added chat just completed at 9AM today