FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Will Never be a World-Class Airline Until They Get Rid of CRJs on Major Routes.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:05 am
kapkap46

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
UA Will Never be a World-Class Airline Until They Get Rid of CRJs on Major Routes.

In Denver Major UA Hub yesterday going to the Worlds Busiest Airport ATL.

Really UA. If you can't compete on that route get out of it completely.

Those mini jets were designed for flights to 2nd level airports. Not between 2 of the busiest airports in the world.

Yesterday flight was full. Thought we were going to back out from the gate and then baggage handlers came on the airplane asking if there was room for bags.

Supposedly a weight and Balance problem . So they brought 8-10 bags that I am amazed they could stuff in those ridiculous overheads. They were able after a lot of pushing etc.

Then the Captain advises because airplane has an Altitude restriction, they have to add more fuel for the possibility of an alternate airport.

Great pre - planning??

Finally the fuel is loaded and we begin to taxi . All of a sudden we pull off the taxiway and the Captain informs us the airplane is too heavy for take- off so we have to sit there for 15 minutes to burn off fuel.

Are you kidding?? You are the one who loaded the fuel and now you have to waste it sitting in place.

Real confidence builder in people in the cockpit. Now I a m praying no weather in ATL because I don't want my life in the hands of this amateur.

This is what happens when you have mini-jets piloted by low time pilots on major routes .

Get out of Atlanta completely if you can't compete but stop sticking us with these mini jets and pilots who have a fraction of the experience of a Captain of even a B737.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 26, 2015 at 8:29 pm Reason: thread title edited for clarity