FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Seat assignment has been changed due to seat duplication"
Old May 25, 2015, 7:40 pm
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by sethb
Because you're not as important to them as somebody else. The other person is so important that Delta won't even tell you why.
I have no idea why the OP was moved, but as I said before I am 99% sure it is for a FAM. If that is the case NO airline will disclose that. I fly a lot and I know the drill. If OP is that upset, contact DL and they may throw him/her some miles. OP is getting the exact same style seat in the same cabin on the same flt.

I know a lot about how FAM's operate and this sounds normal to me. I will not go into any further details about how many on are a flt or where they sit. Again, DL or any carrier will NOT tell the OP that a FAM is taking his/her seat.

OP - after your flt, please post back on here and let us know who was in those seats. After the flt ask the person that sat in your original seat if he/she is a FAM, they just might let you know.