FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - French VISA Help
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2015, 7:21 pm
x9bull

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
French VISA Help

We have a coming trip from LAX->Paris (7/8-7/17), and my wife is a Chinese national with green card. When I tried to make an appointment with the French consulate at LA for visa, the earliest possible appointment is 7/8, the day we supposed to depart. I totally didn't expect that since this was my first time trying to get a SCHENGEN visa. Now, the couple things I can think of for now are:

1) make an appointment with DC consulate, which has wide availability for the month of June, but the website strictly says that you have to apply within the jurisdiction of the consulate, anyone knows if applying in DC is possible?

2) make additional reservations for other SCHENGEN centuries from 7/18-28, and apply visa in those consulate, and then cancel them once i get the visa, my question is, will my wife get in trouble doing that?

3) ship my wife's passport/green card to china and apply there since they don't require in person application anymore, but then again the website says they only process applicants who live in China ...

any other thoughts? ideas? thank you all in advance.