FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EZE Lounges as of 2014
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2015, 3:37 pm
PSPandBA

Originally Posted by upinsmoke
Short trip report:

The Centurion lounge (Platinum area, not Centurion area) continues to be as underwhelming compared to their US counterparts as it was before the renovation. I'm not sure why they closed this lounge down for a month. It looks exactly the same. Still no hot food, and the bathrooms are a disgrace. There are not enough bathrooms, and because each one is an individual room they are incredibly dirty.

The wine and liquor offerings are good, although not much variety, just one brand of each type.

Also, even though they were turning away a lot of credit AmEx holders (rather than charge), the lounge was full by 9:30pm with every chair taken. I decided to walk to the Admiral's Club without much expectations, since I would NEVER choose an Admirals club over a Centurion lounge in the US.

While the Admiral's club is smaller, it was not crowded at all. Maybe because the Iberia flight had already left? The liquor offerings were much better, with multiple choices for red wine, not just Malbec (although I still chose Malbec, albeit a better one than at the Centurion).

And the clincher... empanadas! (and soup, and other hot foods) This was perfect for the late flight out, so I can go right to sleep on the plane instead of having dinner. The Centurion lounge with just serving cold cuts doesn't cut it for that.