FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VISA Buxx (2015)
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2015, 6:58 am
YoungBubbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by forextrader
I wonder how long it will take Nationwide Bank (a relatively small organisation at $6.2 Billion in assets) to see the increase in $800 Target "purchases" transacted on Visabuxx.

Sure, $200 cashback and ATM withdrawals have gone, un-noticed, for years - but $800 purchases are not "normal" for this product - let alone, all coming at Target.

PLEASE NOTE (for those not as familiar with the product) - the $800 load to REDCARD (rather than $200 ATM withdrawal x 4) does not increase the amount of MS you can do via Nationwide - as each card still only has a 30 day load limit of $1000

You get your money back faster - sure. But if you cannot afford to float - what, a couple of grand - for a few weeks - should you really be playing this game???

Use it while you can, but I fear this one will suffer the same fate as TD Go Card - yes, the product still exists, but after a relatively short time, credit card funding got shut down.

Pretty sure this will fall on deaf ears. As always, have other methods lined up and ready to go.
^
I've noticed this thread has gotten many new posters since the RB shutdown. My area is very very difficult for MS. Since TD is no longer viable NW is all I have. Buxx has been around for a long time and I hope it continues.
It's only $1000 a month but it definitely helps meet my minimum spends.