FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences
Old May 25, 2015, 3:48 am
CoweyB

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Radisson Blu, Athens, Greece

What is your Club Carlson status?
Concierge

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
Radisson Blu, Athens, Greece

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Okay, but It lacked the wow factor of a Radisson Blu that they were keen to talk in the video-cam with me a few weeks ago.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard, received Junior Suite

Did you receive elite benefits?
Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Yes got 2pm check out
In-Room Welcome Gift - No

How are the rooms?
Decent size, but a bit tired. Brown and green is not a good look and the corridors have a spider's web lighting effect that makes you think like Frodo you've got slightly lost in Mirkwood...

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Very comfy bed, great pillows. Massive leather sofa and seat in room. Bathroom has a nice rain shower style in small wet room area where you can sit down. Excellent air conditioning.

Bad:
Fixtures and fittings a bit cheap looking - skirting board not finished well, there is a sliding 'Japanese door' effect in room as a partition but it was flimsy and cheap looking. Breakfast was chaotic - just not enough seating whenever I went. At night the bar shifts upstairs which is also a dining room but music is played excessively loudly. I went to eat downstairs but was told the (very nice) bar was closed. The restaurant also doesn't serve any Greek food! I ate in my room once and had a very underdone burger and then ate out after that. Traffic can be heard outside room easily but I slept well anyway. Worst feature was wifi - impossibly slow.

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return? I spent 114,000 points for three nights stay. Unless I got 2 for 1, or 4 for 2 (which it doesn't seem to offer much) I would stay elsewhere.