FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wishful Thinking Post. Your Ideal BA Fleet
Old May 24, 2015, 8:19 pm
FrancisA

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
If we are talking fantasy fleets then the return of Concorde (or even a modern supersonic replacement) would be top of my list. If you can crack the noise problem and offer a good route network, why should an all-F high-speed plane not be viable.

On your list, the A380 may well be history, which puts BA's future LH planes in a quandary. Do they go with the other new Airbus wide-bodies, or do they return to the Boeing fold for LH and buy 747-800s. I would hope for the latter.

On the short haul, I personally loved the 734s and found the comments on here about how tired they were over the top. Of course, as soon as the new SH cabin was rolled out, many posters were hoping for a 734! It always amuses me how fickle this board can be!

My final wish, which is aircraft-independent but a wide-body would be ideal, is a proper mid-range product deployed on longer SH routes (3 hours plus) and current MH routes. I would see this as offering real rather than convertible seats/beds in Club. That would leave current SH cabins on shorter routes where they are best suited.

Last edited by FrancisA; May 24, 2015 at 10:40 pm