FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 24, 2015, 6:16 pm
canuickstan420

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
Fantastic stay!

Originally Posted by Top of climb
Brilliant; thanks very much! Looking forward to hearing how your stay goes - please report back
Loved this hotel! Rooms are exactly as pictured. No upgrade but I was very happy with our room (I had booked a superior room) on the 55th floor. Service was great (especially in the lounge), room was new, modern and clean. I miss my heated toilet seat already.

Very convenient as it is connected to the subway and JR station. We had a 5 day JR Kansai pass and took the JR to Nara, Kyoto, Kobe and Hiroshima. You do have to build in some time when leaving since you have to switch elevator banks on the 19th floor but this wasn't a problem for us as we made sure to avoid rush hour since we were there on vacation

Also convenient to both airports - Kansai through the JR and ITM through the Osaka airport bus.

The lounge was fantastic for a Marriott. Almost as good as a JW. Space has high ceilings, table areas and sofas/couches as well. Lounge is open 6 am to midnight. Specifically:
6am to 7am - Continental breakfast (salad, breakfast pastries, smoked salmon, fruit, etc)
7am to 10:30 am - Hot breakfast items are brought out (2 items rotate, the rest are constant; examples include scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, congee, miso soup, made to order omelette bar)
2:30pm to 5pm - afternoon tea (scones brought to your table; tea sandwiches and small desserts are self service)
5:30pm to 7:30pm - appetizers and bar service start; appetizers had a couple of items that rotate, the rest are constant; examples are calamari, shrimp tempura, stewed chicken, pork bone-in with fish sauce, vermicelli salad, salad, etc)
7:30 pm to 9:30pm - open bar

Kids not allowed after 7:30pm. We found the appetizers were more than enough as a light dinner (we usually ate out at lunch so we weren't in the mood for a heavy dinner at night anyway). Wine selection was ok but I really enjoyed the Japanese beer - Kirin and Asashi. I cannot repeat enough what fantastic service we got in the lounge - we were there 6 days so they recognized us by the 2nd day and always seated us at 'our' table. They constantly would ask us if we wanted refills on our coffees at breakfast or our drinks in the evening. They took away empty dishes quickly but were never intrusive. Now, there weren't a lot of people while we were there (lounge was maximum 50% full on the busiest day) so that could be part of it but regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

I did take pictures of the lounge and the food offerings in case people were interested but I can't figure out how to upload them. When I click on 'image' it asks me for a URL but I don't host my pics...so if anyone wants to see them, could you let me know where I can find instructions on how to embed?