FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wishful Thinking Post. Your Ideal BA Fleet
Old May 24, 2015, 6:08 pm
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Talking Wishful Thinking Post. Your Ideal BA Fleet

Time for another wishful thinking post. Up early and bored .

With the demise in numbers of the 744's, the 734's nearly out the door, the rockets gone into oblivion (757's) and the 767's working their low numbered a@@@s off, what, if you had any say and BA/IAG listened to you, and it was financially viable, would you have as the BA Fleet and the aircraft could still be produced?

I have not flown on some of the aircraft I mention below but hopefully will have the chance someday .

Boeing 747-8 (the concept of the 747 just fills me with awe and I always enjoy stepping onto a BA 744). Obviously for L/H travel
Boeing 757. Domestic/SH travel. Nothing beats that take-off
Boeing 767. Domestic/SH/MH. Twin aisle aircraft on these flights always made me feel as if going somewhere far flung with more room to meander about. Note: Not for L/H (Furthest I did was many years ago MAN-BAH-SIN-SYD on Airtours International - Not good. Longest BA flight LHR-BOG - Not any better).
Boeing 77W. Like them
Boeing 738/9/Max. Domestic/SH. My least favourite Boeing Tin but for capacity/range/Airport restrictions
EMB 170/190. Never flown one but for ops wise see the need.
A380. Couple of flights on these birds and found them comfortable and quiet.
A321. At a push

All other Airbuses. No thanks. I find the L/H tin cramped (probably just me) and the A320 series just don't float my boat. Same with the 787, can't get excited about it although not flown on a BA one, only on QR.

A bit of lightheartedness please and don't be taking this one too seriously .

Safe & Happy Travels

S