FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Avianca connection at Bogota
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2015, 5:11 pm
AlexMC

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Not 100% sure what you mean, but when I fly MDE-BOG-IAH, I take care of the tax exemption in MDE every time. The agents in MDE always remind me because as they say (and they're right) the lines at BOG are terrible for this. It's a tiny booth with 2 people and flights to MIA/IAH/MEX and others all around 0000-0200.

I go to the booth at MDE, takes 2 minutes usually, I get my stamp and receipt/ticket deal, then the agents staple it to my IAH boarding pass.

Always get this stamp thing done at the smallest station you can. I'm not sure ADZ has one, they wouldn't unless they have international flights. I'm pretty sure though PEI has one since they have like 1-2 flights so that's the kinda place where I'd 100% try first rather than wait to BOG.
Very useful indeed. Aero Republica flies from ADZ to PTY few minutes after my flight from ADZ departs to BOG. I'll definitely look for the stamp when I leave San Andres.