FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old May 24, 2015, 5:09 pm
pr09

Programs: AS
Trying to book a Starwood property. CWTVacations has a better rate (listed as a Carlson Wagonlit rate) than the one on the Starwood site, so I'm hoping to get that one.

Called on Thursday, gave them the hotel, dates, room type (suite); they said they'd email in 48 hours. Just about 48 hours later got a quote for exactly the rate I wanted. I called within a few hours, and the CWT agent couldn't find the rate anywhere. Called back today, still no luck. All they can say is "it's not in our system", "we can't use rates other than our system or the hotel website", and "we don't guarantee rates until they're booked." Clearly they got it from their system when they quoted it, the rates haven't changed a cent, and it's still on CWTVacations.

Very frustrated that they won't abide by their quote when rates haven't changed at all . Considering booking elsewhere out of spite, though I should probably just get the AAA rate or the non-refundable rate.