FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Avianca connection at Bogota
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2015, 2:16 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by coolcoil
I suspect that even if you can get the form at ADZ, you will still have to present it at check in at BOG to get your BP. I'm pretty sure the airlines are required to have the forms in their hands a the airport from which the international flight departs. That said, get it in ADZ if you can, because that will save you a step at BOG. I recall now that in my pre-resident days I did collect mine at MDE when I was connecting through BOG, but still had to do the BOG check in.
Not 100% sure what you mean, but when I fly MDE-BOG-IAH, I take care of the tax exemption in MDE every time. The agents in MDE always remind me because as they say (and they're right) the lines at BOG are terrible for this. It's a tiny booth with 2 people and flights to MIA/IAH/MEX and others all around 0000-0200.

I go to the booth at MDE, takes 2 minutes usually, I get my stamp and receipt/ticket deal, then the agents staple it to my IAH boarding pass.

Always get this stamp thing done at the smallest station you can. I'm not sure ADZ has one, they wouldn't unless they have international flights. I'm pretty sure though PEI has one since they have like 1-2 flights so that's the kinda place where I'd 100% try first rather than wait to BOG.