FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Idiots who Design Marriott Rooms
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2015, 8:42 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djk7
Any glass bathroom door seems like a horrible idea. Sometimes my wife accompanies me on business trips and sleeps in when I have to go in early. The bathroom door should block as much noise and light as possible.
The new SHS has a huge problem on this front. It is well documented in TripAdvisor for some properties (e.g. SHS Flagstaff AZ). You do wonder which idiots designed it.

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
The answer is very simple. They want you to go to the lobby and work there, why? Because you will spend money on food and drink!!!
Oh, it is greedy people, not idiots, who designed it

Originally Posted by AKDan
I also dislike the Marriott's that don't have a desk OR have a desk but don't have an office chair. Seriously, I can't work very ergonomically from a kitchen chair that isn't height adjustable! In the OP's defense I am much younger and agree with that point.
I think a lot of us who are on the road a lot tend to have one set of tasks during the day and have to come back to the hotel to take care of e-mails and do the rest of the work. Non-ergonomic chairs/desk already drive me crazy at some hotels. It i definitely a deal breaker for me if there is no desk. I luckily have been to new/newly renovated SHS, REN, TPS and have not encountered this.

Sheraton Four Points are not so great but I love the big desks they have! I also hate it when some desks have glasses on top so the mouse does not work. So, a good desk and chair make a huge difference.

Maybe Murphy desks if they want to please everyone?

Last edited by username; May 23, 2015 at 9:03 pm