FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International airlines are excluded to get points?
Old May 23, 2015, 2:59 pm
Kat007

Originally Posted by sdsearch
"That rep"? One rep?

Any one rep can give you wrong information.

HUCA (Hang up, call again) and speak to another rep (not mentioning the previous conversation).

And have you waited long enough? MR points don't post right away, they don't post in what anyone with experience at other banks would even call a reasonable amount of time. Ie, you may have to wait up to about two months after your purchase to see anything about the points online.

(I have purchases as far back as Apr 3 for which no points show yet online, and my second statement since then was already issued yesterday.)

So when did you make these airline ticket purchases? And how many Amex statements have been issued since those purchases posted to your Amex account?
I sure spoke with another one, who said it was too early and that it takes a billing cycle, which is also incorrect for Gold Business card (it applies to Blue card though and I don`t expect them to show up).

Then I spoke to a supervisor, who didn`t know if international airlines were excluded, but after she placed me on hold and came back, she said that all airlines are included. But she didn`t see any points being pending either. She said just to wait (seems like she didn`t know what she was doing either).

On this particular card, bonus points (x 2 or x 3) were posted as soon as a charge was posted, so this time they weren`t posted even after the billing statement closed.

So I am wondering if there were changes made to the card since I checked it last time, or I just need to do HUCAs and hope to get someone who actually knows what they are doing.